Monday, April 7, 2008

Allie and Flowers

This picture is pretty special to me for two reasons. I had taken care of Allie for six months and it was time to take her home to my daughter in Utah and I was going to miss my little gran-dog. I wanted to get some pictures of her at Duke Gardens and I wanted pictures of me with her. My brother was a good photographer so I asked him to go with me. After quite of number of years of Bryan distancing himself from our family, he was making the effort to spend time with me and I was thrilled. This two hours of wandering around the gardens was one of several times in the next couple of years. We talked about a lot of things and got to know the adult siblings we had become. The following year after our "photo shoot", we went back for another special walk. Bryan had been diagnosed with stage 4 esophageal cancer and it was the beginning of months of illness.

There will be a lot of photos on this blog and most will be from a special memory.

No comments: